William H. Frear began his career in the dry-goods field in 1859 as a salesman for John Flagg in Troy, NY. In 1865 Frear opened a dry-goods store on River Street in Troy with Sylvanus Haverly. They were partners until 1874 when the partnership dissolved and Frear operated the business alone. He operated a large store in Troy and regularly over 400 employees at Frear's Troy Cash Bazaar. Frear Park was donated by William H. Frear to Troy, NY in June, 1917. We have other trade cards for his store, but none with this particular picture.